Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Beach Week

Unlike some of the colorful photos posted by recent grads this week.. we have some adorable and wholesome evidence of our time at the beach this week. I know I have shared previously about how awesome it is to be able to walk with our kids on the beach where we took photos after being wed. But to do so on Father's Day, to have to opportunity to glimpse  and enjoy some of this earthly playground we have been given after being in His word, in the church where we were married was AWESOME!! The talk that morning was an eloquent version of what I had been trying to say in my Father's Day post about horizontal relationships, being not a  mirror but a fragment of the vertical relationship you can have with God. The scripture focus was the story of the Prodigal Son, and it was poignant when coupled with the baptism of a woman in her mid fifties.  Just AMAZING!

All that fresh air, sand and sunshine reminds me how I am very much looking forward to going home to California. Hopefully, we can do that next year. Spending all these days at the beach really made me homesick for good old tower 9! I do think I might have a couple of surfers on my hands here, and I relish the idea that my dad could teach them right there where I learned. (Although, I was never very good!) 

Check out these sweet Pics!!









No comments: