Wednesday, April 21, 2010

a very good man

It is Cubby's day to clean the hall bath. I should have taken a before picture, because one of the shorter members of our family opened 19,273 band aids of various shapes and sizes and left the bits of wrappers strewn all about. There were 79 toothbrushes, flossers and toothpaste spots covering the sink and a toliet paper dispersal to rival the quad of our alma mater.

He got right to work. He worked so industriously and independently that I actually forgot he was in there. And when I remembered, I found him in the kitchen playing with the garbage can. As I have committed myself to asking questions this week, instead of assuming.. I asked calmly.. "What are you doing?"

Well, he said tipping his head to the side and gesturing with his hand. I needed to empty this bathroom trash, but this kitchen trash was all full so I had to..." He continued, but the bottom line was this... After replacing the empty tissue roll with a full one (miracle number 1) he then went to put the empty in the trash (miracle #2) realizing the can was full he went to empty it (#3) found the kitchen receptacle full emptied it and combined the two (#4) then I kid you not put a new bag in the emptied kitchen trash can (#5). He then asked if he could go outside and work in the yard (#6).

3 comments:

Katherine said...

awesome

Anonymous said...

WOW, please send him here, he does good work!! toilet paper roll changer, he's now my favorite!

Taylor K said...

Please send him to my house after Winter is done with him. I don't even change my toilet paper roll. I just get out a new one and set it on the shelf next to my toilet.