Thursday, October 22, 2009

I went to the Animal Fair...





No, techniquely, we went to the Dixie Classic Fair... and it was awesome. Well, it wasn't the Orange County fair, or the Nevada County fair, but as far as fairs go, around here it's awesome. We petted the farm animals, drank homemade rootbeer, saw some really cool chickens, watched the pig races, ate corn dogs, and earned some ribbons.

That's right.. Cubby and Miss H entered some items in the fair, and won a slew of ribbons. Cubby took Blue with his rocketship quilt, which he designed literally from the ground up, including drawing it all out on paper and selecting his fabrics. AMAZING!! He got red for "Soriano". Miss H, scored red for her kitty cat and heart themed, quiet time blanket, white for her stuffed owl, white for her butterfly pencil case, white for her ballet bag, and a white ribbon for an acrylic painting of a flower she did when we were learning about intensity of color. AMAZING!!


The kids even rode a few rides, well Mimi and I had to coax Little Daddy onto the train and he claimed to like it, but he would not be convinced it was something he needed to do again. Here Miss H and Cubby live out their motorcycle fantasies. The most touching part of this being that while they could have each driven their own motorcycle (as my sisters and I would have done) they were excited about, and chose to ride together. It's such a small thing, but them prefering to enjoy this special treat together was a warmth to my heart.
Although this was the scariest thing I've ever seen!! Look how excited she is to be driving that "convertible". I know it!! She was a little too comfortable for my taste. Both she and Cubby were big enough, but Little Daddy, (although I tried to sneak him in) was too short. Next year I hope!
So of course we had to ride the ponies, whose prices I was glad to see had not been subject to inflation. Although Lil Bit was too small, and Miss H's preferred horse Midnight was preparing to leave for Albuquerque it was still a good ride.

So corn dogs, rootbeer, ponies and goats Oh My! Seriously, my favorite part was the chickens, or maybe the pig races.

2 comments:

Brooke Eriksen said...

Amazing kids, amazing mom!!

snoopy said...

SOUND LIKE ANOTHER GREAT DAY AT THE FAIR.
IT REMINDS ME WHEN WE WENT
WE HAD SO MUCH FUN JUST LIKE YOUR DOING NOW.
GREAT JOB
LOVE YOU ALL