Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tooth Fairy



She didn't want to give the tooth to the Tooth Fairy immediately which I thought was odd. She wanted a "proper" tooth fairy pillow, so we did some research. Which means she sat on my lap while I imaged searched "tooth fairy pillow". She fell in love with this one here. So cute, and so easy easy easy. Of course when we went to get the little door hanger plaque to make one similar, ACMoore had a million other cute things to turn into tooth holders. She opted for the little box, which we decoupaged, and she sewed a cushion to fit inside. I also found some adorable little baskets to hang on the doors that I hope I can convince the boys to use (should their teeth ever fall out). Right before bed she went to write a note (which you can see in the picture). She said to The Mr. "Dad, where are the scissors, I need to write a teeny tiny note." Of course he asked why the note needed to be teeny tiny, to which she responded, "Because the tooth fairy is teeny tiny".

You probably can't make out the note.. because it is so teeny tiny. "Hi Tooth fairy cAn yuo give me a box of gum" . So of course the Tooth Fairy's husband rushed right out and got some, because even though there was no punctuation, and a missspelled sight word... the message was pretty clear.

I don't know if you were aware that there are a whole host of tooth fairies and that they are assigned to different families. The kids were pretty worried we might get a stingy one, or one who left nothing at all. Well, our tooth fairy leaves special coins, gum, and golden glitter footprints. I thought maybe the tooth fairy would leave a little note about taking good care of your teeth and not knocking them into trees and train tables, but The Mr. said, "No probably not."

So I was wondering, if I went to the dentist to get my erupting (and painful) wisdom teeth pulled and left them, would I get the dslr camera I've been dreaming of? The Mr. said, "Probably not."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess the kids have a different,generous tooth fairy then your not so generous tooth fairy! laugh! super cute summer and i bet if you lost your teeth at our house the tooth goblin might bring you a dslr,or maybenot! you should try it and see
*winter

snoopy said...

HEY SORRY I HAVEN'T WROTE FOR SOME TIME BUT ???
NO REASON BUT I'M GOING TO TRY AND STAY ON TOP OF IT
BUT YOU ALL ARE JUST MOVING WAY TO FAST SLOW DOWN ARE YOU'LL PASS ME UP
BUT YOU AND MIKE ARE DOING A GREAT JOB I KNOW IT HARD WORK BUT KEEP IT UP
LOVE YOU ALL

Heather said...

OMG, THAT IS AWESOME!!! I love that she asked for some gum, and that you made her that super cute tooth fairy box/pillow. You're so crafy!!! =)